Boot Hill Bunch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BHB League - Join Now (Beta Phase)

+2
Seamus
Ryan Perez
6 posters

Go down

BHB League - Join Now (Beta Phase) Empty BHB League - Join Now (Beta Phase)

Post  Ryan Perez Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:10 am

Ok guys, as mentioned earlier we're planning to set up our own league (every man for himself, total wins count). At first I was looking for such a thing on the web but I'm not happy with what I've found so I'm creating my own database-driven league now. It'll be finished soon (it's quick'n'dirty but it should work fine for us). So please sign up in this thread. Then I'll add you to the database.

Participants:
- Ryan Perez
- Hiram Mason
- Seamus Corrigan
- Erik Green
- Scary Perry
- Griffin Swinson

Latest Update: It seems to be working fine now but for testing purposes the number of participants is limited to 6 persons (i.e. 15 matches)

Last edited by Ryan Perez on Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:15 am; edited 7 times in total
Ryan Perez
Ryan Perez

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

BHB League - Join Now (Beta Phase) Empty Re: BHB League - Join Now (Beta Phase)

Post  Seamus Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:09 am

That's a downright hootin' and hollerin' grand idea. Count me in!
Seamus
Seamus

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Perez Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:43 am

Alright, that is Chuck Heston or Seamus Corrigan or ... ?
Ryan Perez
Ryan Perez

Back to top Go down

Post  gordy scott Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:16 am

Im in for sure bro, how many do you think we need to make this work and do we wonna go on a monthly basis or more. I would also say that we could invite non BHB players in if ya want also or we could try it out 1st with just us. If you need anything to help you out bro i,ll be glad to assist in anyway.
gordy scott
gordy scott

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Perez Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:42 am

We need at least 3 people Very Happy At first we should test it BHB only but afterwards we can expand for sure. The system I created is quite simple:

- You have to fight every participant (each fight is best 2 of 3)
- The one with the most wins in total is the winner

After everyone has signed up I'll post a list with all the fights that have to be made. Then it's up to you to make your fights and post the results. When there are no more fights left the "season" is over and I'll declare a winner (meanwhile I'll post stats and stuff). If anyone has another idea just let me know but I think we should give my system a try.
Ryan Perez
Ryan Perez

Back to top Go down

Post  Erik Green Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:12 pm

i will join ..... great idea!! What a Face
Erik Green
Erik Green

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary Perry Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:28 pm

Sound mighty fine Perez go ahead and sign the ole Honcho up for it, I think that this will be a cool supplement to the WWO Tourney.

However I did have an idea a while back for a weekly tournament of some sorts, something that would be a single round elimination, something that would have a diff structure from the Young ran WWO tourney, something that we can include non BHB players in, and eventually i can pitch it to Ed to give us GE reward money maybe.

I know what i have named above is very vague.... but that is why i POsted the ideeer'
so any ideas are welcome.

Ryan this is a great thing for BHB, gives us something to do and look forward to on the side Smile
Scary Perry
Scary Perry
Admin

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-07-08

http://www.freewebs.com/boothillbunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:09 pm

Count me in Boss.
I have had a great Idea as well. New recruits will be entered into the BHB tourney as a challenge to prove their skills. This way members can see them in action and at a later stage give feedback.
I am not sure if any of you shoot for real however my ol man does. The reason I say this is they have scenarios they play out on the range from history or movies. We could set the scene and replace the characters with our selves. Keeps the interest not just spraying lead.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bodie Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:34 pm

I'll pass for now. As I get close to 30 maybe I'll be up to taking you guys on.
Bodie
Bodie

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Perez Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:08 am

Alright, 6 participants, registration is closed now. I'll make a new posting later.
Ryan Perez
Ryan Perez

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Perez Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:40 am

Tourney has started. Go to our private section.
Ryan Perez
Ryan Perez

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamus Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:45 am

Ryan Perez wrote:We need at least 3 people Very Happy At first we should test it BHB only but afterwards we can expand for sure. The system I created is quite simple:

- You have to fight every participant (each fight is best 2 of 3)
- The one with the most wins in total is the winner

After everyone has signed up I'll post a list with all the fights that have to be made. Then it's up to you to make your fights and post the results. When there are no more fights left the "season" is over and I'll declare a winner (meanwhile I'll post stats and stuff). If anyone has another idea just let me know but I think we should give my system a try.

Ry,

Wouldn't you have to have an equal number of matches played to get a good total result? If you have best 2 out of 3, some folks would play 2 matches and some would play 3, unless you mandate everyone play 3 matches even if one guy wins the first 2....jest thinkin' out loud
Seamus
Seamus

Back to top Go down

Post  gordy scott Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:02 am

I see the way your thinking m8 and if the winner came down to the amount of games you won then i would say yes. I feel however that points will mainly decide the winner and it might be something to work on in the next league.
gordy scott
gordy scott

Back to top Go down

BHB League - Join Now (Beta Phase) Empty Idea for Perry's tourney

Post  Seamus Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:13 am

Scary Perry wrote:Sound mighty fine Perez go ahead and sign the ole Honcho up for it, I think that this will be a cool supplement to the WWO Tourney.

However I did have an idea a while back for a weekly tournament of some sorts, something that would be a single round elimination, something that would have a diff structure from the Young ran WWO tourney, something that we can include non BHB players in, and eventually i can pitch it to Ed to give us GE reward money maybe.

I know what i have named above is very vague.... but that is why i POsted the ideeer'
so any ideas are welcome.

Ryan this is a great thing for BHB, gives us something to do and look forward to on the side Smile

OK, here's an idea

How about a tournament event based on teams; Western Duo's. 2 teams of 2 face off in each quarter, A and B fight X and Y. Each fighter plays 2 matches against the opposing team players, Thus A fights X twice, and Y Twice. Then B does the same. The winning duo is the team with the most wins, a typical score being perhaps 5-3. In case of a 4-4 tie, the highest scoring player from each team face off one more time, say A vs. Y for the final. The winning team advances on the bracket. If all 4 players are online at the same time, the energy would be pretty good.
Seamus
Seamus

Back to top Go down

Post  gordy scott Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:24 am

Again bro another good suggestion and one i think everyone would get into. The only problem is that very rarely do we get that many on that would be say in the same team or in a team where theres a matchg due but i really like the idea.
gordy scott
gordy scott

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down