Boot Hill Bunch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duplicated items: Duplicates % or values?

2 posters

Go down

Duplicated items: Duplicates % or values? Empty Duplicated items: Duplicates % or values?

Post  Jed Cooper Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:27 pm

When I duplicate an item am I duplicating the chance % also or only the values?
My understanding is that it is only the values.

Example 1: hypothetical spurs give 25% chance of +1 damage each round.
If I duplicate it once (no plus % from the duplicating item) that would be a 25% chance of +2 damage each round. But each items random number is rolled separately, correct?

Example 2: hypothetical spurs give 25% chance of +1 damage each round.
If I duplicate it once and the duplicating item gives me +25% we would then have have a 25% chance of +2.25 damage each round.
This is my understanding. Is this correct?
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Duplicated items: Duplicates % or values? Empty Re: Duplicated items: Duplicates % or values?

Post  Scary Perry Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:13 pm

Someone on WWO wrote:Ok.

Plain as the place where spanish rain mainly stays:

The duplicate item buils an exact duplicate of the items in wwhich they work on. That is a buckle duplicating gloves that give +3 accuracy and 12% -1 recoil will be exactly +3 accuracy and 12% -1 recoil:

Gloves
+3 accuracy, 12% chance -1 recoil

Buckle (duplicates gloves)

However effectiveness affects only on the added values, not the chances to get them, that is, in the example above, a buckle with +15% effectiveness duplicating those gloves will create and exact duplicate only adding a 15% to the granted values, so it would be a +(3*1.15) accuracy and 12% -1(*1.15) recoil, that is +3.45 accuracy and 12% -1.15 recoil.
As you can see, the chance (12%) is intact, it will not affect it, but the values (+3 accuracy and -1 recoil) are augmented a 15%:

Gloves

Buckle (duplicates gloves with 15% effectiveness)
+3.45 accuracy, 12% chance -1.15 recoil

The "bits" are being counted, so that 0.45 and 0.15 will be rounded up at some point.

Now, in case you get some vest that duplicates the buckle that duplicates the gloves, the vest would work as if the buckle was already a duplicate. Yo make the math, it would be:

Gloves

Buckle (duplicates gloves with 15% effectiveness)
+3.45 accuracy, 12% chance -1.15 recoil

Vest (duplicates buckle with 15% effectiveness)
+3.9675 accuracy, 12% chance -1.3225 recoil

In this case you'd start the match with +10.4175 accuracy and every turn you'd get a 12% chance -1 recoil, a 12% chance -1.15 recoil and a 12% chance -1.3225 recoil
Scary Perry
Scary Perry
Admin

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-07-08

http://www.freewebs.com/boothillbunch

Back to top Go down