Boot Hill Bunch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Setups Discussions

5 posters

Go down

Setups Discussions Empty Setups Discussions

Post  Bodie Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:08 pm

My accessories are as follows:
Silver chain spurs: +3 speed, 18% +1 damage each round
+25% duplicating gloves, +25% buckle duplicating gloves.
With speed boots, I start out with 3 or 4 lightning bolts, and then just wait for the damage to build up, if possible.
I managed this damage with standard bullets a fanshot, with no schedules in a bot test:
Setups Discussions 123
Here's the action setup, I'm always open to comment:
Setups Discussions Zbnewggrid
Steely nerve I don't care about much, I switch it with Dead Eye now and then. The postdraw setup is fairly redundant after True Shot. All I do is fire, TS, TS, and shoot again.
Bodie
Bodie

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Setups Discussions Empty seems like a good set up

Post  Lucius Smith Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:35 am

I like the speed from the start. But it may get countered by someone that has a speed build. But at least you get a head start.

Lucius Smith

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Setups Discussions Empty Re: Setups Discussions

Post  Jed Cooper Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:59 am

Looks good! Only thing I'd improve would be I'd try another rest action on the knockdown instead of Horse hoey so I could stand faster. Breathing spell is good for this, Field surgery is good too cause if your down there you're bleeding.
Jed Cooper
Jed Cooper

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Setups Discussions Empty Speed and Toughness Setup

Post  William Tisdale Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:32 am

I was inspired to try a mix of speed and toughness. My accessories are:
Sacremento rig +14 speed
Skedaddlers +7 speed
Star bolo +3 speed and a 21% chance of +1 speed per turn
Sunset gaunlets duplicates necktie +25%
inlaid ivory bucket duplicates gloves +25%
Predraw:
Tickling the iron
Cantankerous

Postdraw:
Field Surgery
Pain Killer
Cower
Culling the Damned shot
Unmovable
Horse hooey

+ expert ground shot

I am using a S&W Russian model 3 for this setup

Setups Discussions Suddenquickdrawcullingthedamnedshot

Last edited by Jed Cooper on Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added item to list)
William Tisdale
William Tisdale

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Bodie Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:02 pm

Jed: Absolutely I need a better rest for recovery of energy. I'll get that in time. Field surgery is just a few slots away, and that would help since I have basically no healing ability right now.
Lucius: Yeah, this is a switch from the speed-building setup I had before. Right now I like the heavy damage, and if I come up agains a speed freak, I can easily switch back.
William: Nice setup! That's more or less what I aspire to, with a few level gains.
Bodie
Bodie

Back to top Go down

Setups Discussions Empty Re: Speed and Toughness Setup

Post  William Tisdale Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:52 pm

Thanks for the chat today. I have made one modification to my setup. I have dropped the "Tickling the Iron" to "Peculiar Odor" for two reasons. First, there is still a bug where I draw too quickly and it gives me a motion option that increases my accuracy.
Setups Discussions Suddenquickdrawcullingthedamneds-1
William Tisdale
William Tisdale

Back to top Go down

Setups Discussions Empty Re: Speed and Toughness Setup

Post  gordy scott Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:26 am

I really like the look of that set up will and i,m looking maybe to follow your example here with adding gun twirl to an open slot. One thing thats kinda bugging me though is that im sure you told me that you had a speed set up and using a mixture of gun twirl and peculiar oder will add to that speed build well, but i see you have like pain killer and cower in your post draw grid and with a speed game your really dont need it. The way i see it is that just using those action like hale & harty with a speed buckle on will do almost the same job as pain killer but will give you the added speed each round. Cower for me seems to be alot easier now when u have high speed and top accuracy i find it alomost always hits and just having to use that action takes a couple of rounds off you game when like i said if the guy is about to shoot off high accuracy he will probably hit you.

One more thing if you manage to get hold of the mesa jacket you can free up the cockeyed slot for something else i would suggest a plain draw action so you will always keep the other guy wondering what your gonna do.
gordy scott
gordy scott

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Bodie Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:44 am

"Pappy"-
Have you considered Duck Work as your pre-draw evade action? It's very satisfying, and strategic, to Duck a Quickdraw and watch yout opponent's accuracy go to near zero - and all for the cost of one round of focus for your own recovery, if that. (With a QD holster and a schedule like Methodical, you can afford the -10 accuracy).
Bodie
Bodie

Back to top Go down

Post  William Tisdale Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:30 pm

Bodie wrote:"Pappy"-
Have you considered Duck Work as your pre-draw evade action? It's very satisfying, and strategic, to Duck a Quickdraw and watch yout opponent's accuracy go to near zero - and all for the cost of one round of focus for your own recovery, if that. (With a QD holster and a schedule like Methodical, you can afford the -10 accuracy).
Thx, Bodie! I was wondering the same thing. I am getting better at evading and I rather lose the accuracy rather than the energy in pre-draw.
William Tisdale
William Tisdale

Back to top Go down

Post  William Tisdale Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:43 pm

I think I am going to ditch this quick draw setup. I am losing with it and losing bad. I think I will go back to my tough man setup.
William Tisdale
William Tisdale

Back to top Go down

Setups Discussions Empty What I am using as a tough man setup right now

Post  William Tisdale Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:28 pm

Setups Discussions ToughmansetupwithgroundshotNov2808
Setups Discussions Toughmanpistol
Setups Discussions Banditmask
Setups Discussions InlaidivorybuckleSetups Discussions Sunsetgauntlets
William Tisdale